Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year! & SPIDA time

Happy New Year to all of you!
I hope you had a good start and I wish you all the best for 2011.
Health, Good Luck, Love, and Success.

Here's my very own personal Christmas gift - the 75 colors set from Vallejo. It arrived in my postbox on the 31st :)


And since I still have so many unfinished projects on my shelf, I decided to do some painting rather than building.
So I'm starting the year with the painting of the SPIDA tank from the Defense of Xantinum diorama (well actually I started after Chrismas).

The idea is to apply something like a WWII "Flecktarn" pattern to the SPIDA.

Applying the camouflage dots ruined two brushes :)



Then I started to add little details, like metal for the leg joints,

blue for the cables, and silver for the hydraulic pistons.

I added some Ork markings, bits of brass and rust.



The drivers compartment, the gun platform, and the gun.

"Evil Eyez"

Even the Gretchin can find the Trigga now...

...provided it's plugged in!

And this is how far I got over the last 3 days.

Again, Happy New Year and a good start into 2011!
Cheers
Klaus

No comments: